5 Best wood router Reviews In 2021
Routers being one of the most remarkable additions to workshop instruments are versatile power tools and when combined with a bit of accessory along, the possibilities of deforming hard matter especially wood become endless. These are majorly used for trimming and making the edges of wood smooth. Woodwork projects that require multiple grooves, designs, and edges are almost impossible to be executed without the use of this efficient tool.
The best wood router is selected based on your work requirements that whether you need it for your workshop or industry. When the best wood router is selected according to your work type, it will add to your work proficiency and allow you to accomplish many tasks including routing precise cuts in small wood pieces freehand, making straight edges of board plain, making moldings, and many others.
01. Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router Tool Combo Kit
This router kit is versatile and covers a broad range of applications that include plunging, laminate trimming, slot cutting, forming edge, and dovetail cutting. It can also be used with a router table. The kit features a powerful motor with advanced speed adjustment technology and precision bases that allow jobs to be done quickly and accurately.
This router offers plunge and fixed-depth routing and both these bases have fast clamp systems that make the conversion easy as moving the motor between two bases becomes hassle-free and takes only a few seconds. This amazing router kit is crafted to be durable and last for many years to come. It is backed by a warranty and protection plan of a year and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Versatile equipment used that can be used for a wide range of applications.
- It is made in aluminum for increased durability
- Round wooden handles
- It has a powerful 2.25 HP/12 Amp motor
- Variable speed range of 8,000 to 25,000 RPM.
- Built-in constant response circuitry that maintains constant speed providing better results
- The plunge base has soft grip handles made of wood that allows for convenient working
- The fixed base has threaded holes to mount it to router tables.
- It has a soft-start feature for a smoother transition between speeds
- Kit includes A plunge base, fixed base, 1/4 inch, and 1/2 inch collet chucks, collet nut wrench, shaft wrench, chip shields, and a carrying case.
02. DEWALT(DW618PKB) Router
This user-friendly router features both fixed and plunge bases while an easy-to-reach plunge lever and switch provide better control during routing. This kit includes multiple advanced features that make it a valuable product to consider. The soft-start offers gradual acceleration to the required speed and allows smooth routing through even tough hardwoods.
Its ergonomic design includes rubber over-molded side knobs that offer easy grip and comfortable handling while use. It has an adjustable steel-motor cam lock that enables fast and solid locking depth adjustment and base changes. Crafted with die-cast aluminum base. This heavy-duty router is precision machined and offers durability with minimum tool weight.
- It has a 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP),12.0 Amp electronic variable speed motor.
- It allows speed variation from 8,000-24,000 rpm.
- Micro-fine depth adjustment rings allow precise depth adjustments in 1/64″ increments.
- It includes a through-the-column dust collection that collects 95% of the dust and allows for maximum visibility
- Its adjustable steel-motor cam lock enables fast and solid locking depth adjustment and base changes.
- The spindle lock button enables single-wrench bit changes while self-releasing 8-slotted collets offer better bit retention and enable eliminating frozen bits
03. Makita RT0701CX7 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit
This versatile 1-1/4 HP Wood Router Kit delivers heavy performance with precision, in compressed size. Including a plunge base and 1-1/4 maximum horsepower built-in in the wood router kit, allows for a complete range of accurate routing tasks. It runs using electricity and with a 1-1/4 HP motor and has a power range of 10,000- 30,000 RPM.
Due to its durable flat-top design changing the bits is very convenient and increased workpiece protection is provided due to a durable base. The tool has an adjustable speed that can easily be controlled. The router allows you to set precise settings due to the presence of a rack and it holds a fine penetration adjustment system. This makes each work of yours very accurate and fine. Check here for more details Makita RT0701CX7
- This tool has an added advantage of a soft start system that avoids massive power start at the beginning of the task
- The variable speed of 10,000-30,000
- The rack-and-pinion enables smooth depth adjustment with 1-3/8” when used with a plunge and even more when in a fixed base.
- The base can be viewed easily which improves the handling and performance while routing.
- It has a heavy-duty motor made in aluminum that efficiently dissipates heat and is lightweight too. This increases the durability and performance of the tool.
- Due to the ergonomic design of this tool, it fits well in hand no matter the hand size and is very comfortable to use.
- The removable plastic sheet allows for easier dirt removal
- It is double insulated
05. Makita RT0701C 1-1/4 HP Compact Router
It is an efficient wood router built from good quality materials that deliver accurate performance with its 1.25 HP motor at an affordable price. It is one of the most popular routers in the market today. The variable speed of 10,000-30,000 RPM makes it quite handy by adjusting the speed according to the task. This model has a specifically designed electronic speed load circuitry that adds to the excellent accuracy of this tool.
This tool has an added advantage of a soft start system that avoids massive power start at the beginning of the task and makes it safer to use. The system gradually increases the speed to the set mark thus preventing your material from any damage.
The base can be viewed easily which improves the handling and performance while routing. It has a heavy-duty motor made in aluminum that efficiently dissipates heat and is lightweight too. This increases the durability and performance of the tool. Due to the ergonomic design of this tool, it fits well in hand no matter the hand size and is very comfortable to use. Check here for more details Makita RT0701C
- It features a soft start mechanism
- The motor offers a power of 1.25HP
- The variable speed of 10,000-30,000 RPM allows adjusting the speed according to the task.
- The tool comes in handy due to simple adjustment systems like rack-pinion and cam lock systems.
- Reasonable and competitively priced. It is also available in combo kits with varied prices and bundles.
- The ergonomic design of the tool makes it comfortable to use while routing.
- The outer body is made from a durable metal alloy and the motor house from aluminum enables better heat dissipation
05. Ryobi RE180PL1G 2HP Peak 10-Amp Plunge Router
This plunge router offers a variable-speed motor that enables matching speed to the bits being used. It offers versatility by accepting a variety of router bits. The soft-start allows easy startup of the process and the speed gradually increases.
At an affordable price, this tool offers many features including micro-adjustment, variable speed, and an ergonomic design. you match speed to the bit being used for versatility. Though it includes advanced features, the lever to lock the base plate is loose in many cases, which should be carefully checked before purchase for avoiding mishaps.
Check here for more details Ryobi RE180PL1G
- It offers a 2 HP, 10 Amp variable-speed motor for versatility.
- It has variable speed ranging from 15,000 – 25,000 RPM
- It features a soft start mechanism
- User-friendly as the handles are designed to enable easier working.
- It features a micro-adjustable depth stop that makes it easier to set and adjust for repetitive plunge cuts up to 2 in.
- 1/2 in. collet with 1/4 in. adaptor accepts diverse bits to fit a majority of woodworking needs
A woodworking router is an indispensable tool that makes working on a variety of projects easier and efficient. According to market stats, Bosch 1617EVSPK is considered the best wood router because it doesn’t compromise on price with high quality and advanced features. Whereas DEWALT(DW618PKB) is considered the best wood router for beginners due to its versatility and user-friendly design.